- Winner Independent Audiobook Awards Fantasy #loveaudioCongratulations to Tim Campbell for winning the Independent Audiobook Awards (IAA) Fantasy for his fantastic narration of #fantasy #cozymystery Inspector Hobbes and the Bones by Wilkie Martin. We are absolutely thrilled he has won – we knew he was awesome. The Independent Audiobook Awards, the #IAA2019, are awarded at the HearNow Festival in Kansas, USA […]
- How to Setup Redirects to Audiobook ShopsStores like Amazon, Audible and Kobo have different pages for different countries which means that including product page links can require a lot of clickable links to be added per page if you want to take browsers to the right retailer for their location and if you don’t want to always default to the .com […]
- How to Lay Out Your Book In MS WordLoading The Book’s Text We start with our fiction books in MS Word with no layout settings, then we run through a number of steps to tidy it up and lay it out as a paperback/hardback. This is a checklist of the steps to format a fiction book (i.e. a book of text, one without […]
- #1 Proofreading Top TipWhen proofreading your book it is easy to read what you expect the text to say instead of what it actually says, especially if you are the author. This can mean that you ‘read’ words that aren’t in the text, or fail to spot some spelling mistakes, seeing what they should be and not what […]
- Example of How To Layout Paperback for KDP Print (was CreateSpace )We’ve previously posted the settings we use for the POD printer LightningSource, but we also use CreateSpace for POD printing as doing so means paperbacks alway show as currently available for immediate delivery on Amazon. Like other POD printers, CreateSpace has defined margins required during the book setup. Their’s allow for smaller margins than LightningSource […]
This blog was migrated from witcherleybooks.wordpress.com in February 2020. Posts that we still refer back to, or that others new to publishing are using, have been reposted here.